Roo or pullet

Smoda

In the Brooder
Dec 17, 2015
Hi all,

Some updated pictures of my chicks at 7 weeks. I have 3.

The first picture is Persnicketts. She/he is my only chick to have pink on the comb and starting to come through on the wattles. I'm unsure of the breed (suspected EE?)

Second hen is Saturn HamFatter. No colour on comb and no real wattles to speak of. Again, breed is a little unsure. (Maybe EE?)

My last chick is Butter Grumbles. If be amazed if she is not a hen. She is so gentle and acts very different to the other 2. She is often sitting happily like this (I call it potatoing). She is definitely at the bottom of the pecking order. She is an Australorp

Thanks for the help!

Hmm. Yes, I'm nervous this might be the case. Thanks for your thoughts.

My last chick is Butter Grumbles. If be amazed if she is not a hen. She is so gentle and acts very different to the other 2. She is often sitting happily like this (I call it potatoing). She is definitely at the bottom of the pecking order. She is an Australorp

Potatoing, LOL!

Haha, yeah. The word send fitting. They remind me of little potatoes when they puddle on the ground after a long scamp about.

An update on 2 of my uncertain Chickie's. Saturn is looking more pullet to me now (unless I'm fooling myself).

Persnicketts (pictured top) is SO mean to my other two birds. She constantly harasses them and they are scared of her! Do hens act this mean? Is it just pecking order business. I'm so new to chickens I don't know if this is normal.

She's been doing this to them progressively worse for about 1 and 1/2 weeks.

Any thoughts really appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom