Roo or pullet?

Tleefox

In the Brooder
May 5, 2021
Hello! I'm hoping to get some gender guesses on my mottled cochin bantam. 7 weeks ish. The comb seems pretty small but I notice the wattles coming in. Thanks!
Screenshot_20210619-080106_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210619-080137_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210619-080200_Gallery.jpg

Hello! I'm hoping to get some gender guesses on my mottled cochin bantam. 7 weeks ish. The comb seems pretty small but I notice the wattles coming in. Thanks!

I'm guessing male, based on how red those little wattles are, and based on having read that Cochins tend to mature more slowly than some other breeds.

(But of course my guess could be wrong.)

If you have any other Cochin bantams, you could compare them with each other-- it's often easier to recognize genders when you can see the difference from one to another.

A proper BC! Love love love.

I do believe you have a slow developing cockerel. It could still go either way though. Please post updated pics in 2 weeks for confirmation/reassessment.

Also so I can see more pics.

Here is a 14 week old pullet for comparison.
20200802_114132.jpg

I'm guessing male, based on how red those little wattles are, and based on having read that Cochins tend to mature more slowly than some other breeds.

(But of course my guess could be wrong.)

If you have any other Cochin bantams, you could compare them with each other-- it's often easier to recognize genders when you can see the difference from one to another.
Thanks! Unfortunately he/she is my only CB. That's a good thought though. I guess time will tell. I'll update in a few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom