roo problem

winc564

Chirping
Apr 6, 2015
Washington, PA
My chicks are approximately five weeks old-at least that is how long I have owned them-this morning, I noticed that my little mille fleur roo was hiding under the roost. Checked him over, comb looks a little rough, put him back. He was immediately attacked by my gold sebright roo and went back into hiding. I currently have the sebright in a temporary time out so the other can eat and drink. What do I do?

My chicks are approximately five weeks old-at least that is how long I have owned them-this morning, I noticed that my little mille fleur roo was hiding under the roost. Checked him over, comb looks a little rough, put him back. He was immediately attacked by my gold sebright roo and went back into hiding. I currently have the sebright in a temporary time out so the other can eat and drink. What do I do?

When you say "roo" what do you mean? Another 5 week old "roo" chick or a much older male?

Since you also mentioned roosts I am guessing that this may be in the chicken coop? You didn't put 5 week old chicks into a coop with adult birds did you?

Last edited:
No,no,no. They are all the same age. They are still in a large brooder that I added a roost to. The roost is low, so he can hide under it.

If the others aren't attacking the little mille fleur then apparently you have one feisty little seabright! Separating was the wise choice, thing is you can't send naughty chicks to obedience school.

These are both definitely male chicks? If so, if this is a real gender issue at such a young age you need to make plans for long term separation now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom