Roo with possible frostbite

rwilliams296

Songster
6 Years
Mar 5, 2018
My roo Sarge appears to have suffered some frostbite from the extreme arctic blast that blew through TX last week. I think he will be Ok. He just found out today that his hen count is going from 10 to 15 in the next few days. He's happy!
Sarge.jpg

My roo Sarge appears to have suffered some frostbite from the extreme arctic blast that blew through TX last week. I think he will be Ok. He just found out today that his hen count is going from 10 to 15 in the next few days. He's happy!View attachment 2542845
Not too bad, the tips of his comb may round off over time.
His feet aren't frostbitten are they?

Looks like frostbite.
After some time, no one will be able to tell he had frostbite.
I love the way he is looking at you as if saying “I can’t believe you are taking my picture” 🤣
He is the only remaining member of the flock of 5 that I rescued back in August of 2017. I took in him and 5 hens two days before Hurricane Harvey hit TX. That I was not prepared for .no previous experience with chickens. He has been snatched up and carted off by my neighbor's dog while protecting his flock.. thank goodness we got him back with only his tail feathers missing. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

Looks like frostbite.
After some time, no one will be able to tell he had frostbite.
I love the way he is looking at you as if saying “I can’t believe you are taking my picture” 🤣
He always looks like that. I actually woke him up to take the pic. Such a great roo!

Back
Top Bottom