Roo won't stop attacking my goose! :(

_-Captain BRM-_

Post Tenebras Lux.
Feb 1, 2021
My beautiful silkie roo, Mr. Presley, as recently found Faith, my goose, very attractive. He tries to mate with her, and although she could kill him easily, she runs in terror honking like a broken semi. She is a family pet, and we all love her SO much. We feel just awful for her and are continually running out and rescuing her. So, for the past week I've kept Presley locked up in my second run. He can see the flock. He doesn't get too upset and has plenty of food and fresh water. The other day I tried to give him a hen, which resulted in a flat-out war. The hen wouldn't submit, and he got mad, which made her bad, which made Lord Octavious (My second roo) enraged, which made Faith worried. It was udder chaos, as the hen and roo fought, Lord Octavious tried to find an opening. Now, Tavious is not the friendliest rooster and is rather skitish so I trapped him in the corner and opened the second run door. He charged out and helped the hen escape. Then Presley attacked him. Keep in mind the entire time Faith is practically honking her head off and the ducks are running circles around her, quacking.... It was very eventful. Finally, I rescued Presley, as he stood no chance against Tavious, and they were whacking their heads on everything. So is there anything I can do? xD I reaaalllyyy don't want to get rid of him. But I will if it's the only thing left to do. Thanks in advance :)

My beautiful silkie roo, Mr. Presley, as recently found Faith, my goose, very attractive. He tries to mate with her, and although she could kill him easily, she runs in terror honking like a broken semi. She is a family pet, and we all love her SO much. We feel just awful for her and are continually running out and rescuing her. So, for the past week I've kept Presley locked up in my second run. He can see the flock. He doesn't get too upset and has plenty of food and fresh water. The other day I tried to give him a hen, which resulted in a flat-out war. The hen wouldn't submit, and he got mad, which made her bad, which made Lord Octavious (My second roo) enraged, which made Faith worried. It was udder chaos, as the hen and roo fought, Lord Octavious tried to find an opening. Now, Tavious is not the friendliest rooster and is rather skitish so I trapped him in the corner and opened the second run door. He charged out and helped the hen escape. Then Presley attacked him. Keep in mind the entire time Faith is practically honking her head off and the ducks are running circles around her, quacking.... It was very eventful. Finally, I rescued Presley, as he stood no chance against Tavious, and they were whacking their heads on everything. So is there anything I can do? xD I reaaalllyyy don't want to get rid of him. But I will if it's the only thing left to do. Thanks in advance :)
Well, my family‘s farm has a goose but he stays separate from the chickens. Our situation with him is exactly like yours except the other way around. 😅

He’s aggressive to both humans and chickens, he has lived with chickens in the past but he would shoot them away from housing and food and water, so he had to go to his own pen.

My best advice would be, separate them. If you really love that goose (I don’t doubt you do) so much you’ll figure out a way to separate them and keep her safe. We have built so many extra pens because of things like this.
(In MY opinion)

I had this problem myself my rooster and hen were attacking my goose on her nest and drawing blood. We solved the problem when we
We had the same problem only it was a rooster and several hens attacking my lovely African goose and drawing blood they go for the neck n eyes we took the rooster out back and filled him up with bird shot. Sadly I believe the other hens that continue to torment her even after the roo got plugged will get the same end. To heck with nasty birds u can always replace hens and roosters when they get rank. Chicken on the farm is way healthier than caught from a store and that rank bird lived a birds quality life until it gets the boom boom .

Back
Top Bottom