Roof for coop--how to get it up there?

QChickieMama

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 1, 2011
I eagerly built a roof for my 10x10 chain-link dog run/coop the other day out of construction scraps. However, I now realize that it's too HEAVY to lift up to the top of the coop.

I have wedged some bricks under the 3 main supports (2x6 planks) to give the grass beneath it some air, but I really need some suggestions about how to hoist it up there. I have large heavy hinges that I was going to bolt the main supports to and then to the wall of the tack room, but at this point, I may need a crane to lift it. Any clever ideas??

I eagerly built a roof for my 10x10 chain-link dog run/coop the other day out of construction scraps. However, I now realize that it's too HEAVY to lift up to the top of the coop.

I have wedged some bricks under the 3 main supports (2x6 planks) to give the grass beneath it some air, but I really need some suggestions about how to hoist it up there. I have large heavy hinges that I was going to bolt the main supports to and then to the wall of the tack room, but at this point, I may need a crane to lift it. Any clever ideas??
Is there a strong tree limb over the run, by any chance? You might be able to incorporate a chain hoist.

Back
Top Bottom