Roof of mouth yellow

You are welcome.

Let us know how she does.
Hello...an update. Particularly if someone is looking at this for their bird.

She is still with us!

She was on metronidazole (1/4 250mg tablet twice a day, 10days). The mouth lesions reduced, not completely, were less yellow and more greyish. The eye infection cleared and her demeanor was much improved.

I then made the mistake of not giving her anything. 5 days later, the lesions were double the original amount and she really couldn't close her beak, eye infection returned too. Lots of salvia and watery eyes. It looked really bad. Vet recommended metronidazole again, same dose, and advised it coud be continued past the 10 days if it looked to be working.

I am also cleaning the roof of the mouth with an antibacterial / anti fungal wash and some hydrogen peroxide.

7 days later, it has severely reduced but it is still there. The front of the roof of the mouth is sort of dark now not yellow, looks like dead matter and trying to clean it away is difficult and bloody.

Once this course of medication is done, we are going to try Ronidazole which I read can be effective

Thank you for the update!

Ih ope that with time and patience you will be able to cure her of this nasty parasite. It is not easy and I love your dedication.

Back
Top Bottom