Roofing help over run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Oregonchix, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Oregonchix

Oregonchix In the Brooder

Feb 27, 2014
    We have a small pre-fab coop for our five hens. My husband built a fenced in run area for them to spend time in when they can't free-range (I usually only let them out if I can keep an eye on them--we live in a varmint paradise!) Anyway, we used some tarps for roofing and that is not going to cut it for winter rains here. My main concern is maintaining an area that can be kept dry when our rains start in November (and last through May!) Trying not to break the bank so hoping there are some creative people who have workable ideas. The coop is just not large enough for them to spend their days in and certainly can't hold their feeders, etc. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Crowing

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    The best solution and cheaper in the long-run is good 'ol galvanized metal roofing.

3. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

I vote for the galvanized roof as well, but I have been in the roofing section of Lowes lately and I found these rolls of asphalt roofing that are about three feet wide by XX long and they might be of interest to you. They would need something under them so maybe not… but a choice none the less.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: