Rookie feeder

I appreciate your effort , it looks great but...

We tried making a few different pvc feeders.. none of them worked well. The seeds bunged it up and it stopped flowing down. Ours didn't make it out of the garage ,hubby said it needed an auger and I shut the project down .

We use plastic rain gutters for our hens . Raised off the ground in a wooden holder hubby made so they scratch the ground while they eat , it actually looks pretty funny!!
well I'm gonna try and support it with 3/8 inch allthread from the ceiling boards so it's stable yet able to shake it a little to get the feed to flow if it binds up. And what do you mean by seeds? This is crumble feed.

Last edited:
Sorry , we get our feed from a grain mill so the layer feed for example has corn and grains in it .... looks like seeds!!

You're right with the ability to " shake it" it will work , and by the way I use a pie plate for fermented feed every day.

Isn't this chicken hobby fun? My hubby has made me the strangest things for my hens.

Don't let the critics get you down , as with every social media site everyone thinks they know it all !!

Have a great weekend .

Sorry , we get our feed from a grain mill so the layer feed for example has corn and grains in it .... looks like seeds!!

You're right with the ability to " shake it" it will work , and by the way I use a pie plate for fermented feed every day.

Isn't this chicken hobby fun? My hubby has made me the strangest things for my hens.

Don't let the critics get you down , as with every social media site everyone thinks they know it all !!

Have a great weekend .
lol thanks. I work with hands solving pipe problems at work as construction is part of my wiring profession so Ill find a way.

Back
Top Bottom