1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rookie Homesteaders!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jacksonrobinson, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Yes, I'll comment below with the name!

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, but one day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jacksonrobinson

jacksonrobinson New Egg

Feb 13, 2017
    Hey guys! We are rookie homesteaders! We have 2 monkey daughters, Claire and Scarlett, 16 chickens, three chicks that just hatched this weekend, 38 chicks arriving next week, two quirky dogs, and three rabbits. I am a dadtrepreneur and have a Youtube vlog about our rookie homesteading adventures! I am always interested in learning new ways to do anything involving chickens. Does anyone else have youtube channel? If so, comment below!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I sure will take a look at your vids later when I have a bit more time :D From what you have described they are going to be very interesting! That's quite a lot you have going on there and I'm sure it must all keep you very busy.
    Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Nice to have you here! I watched your Chicken Escape vid, funny stuff.

Thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Jackson [​IMG] Welcome!

Watched and loved all the vids! Thank you for sharing.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! You sound like you live a very interesting life on your homestead! Best wishes to you and your flock! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. RuBaltLion

RuBaltLion Just Hatched

Feb 3, 2017
    Welcome to the BYC community. Best wishes on your homesteading adventure. [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Wavechickens

Wavechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2017
    Vermont
    Welcome!!!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the big, happy BYC family! I am so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home. I hope you will enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

I have a friend who does a homesteading/farmy/chickens channel @micah wotring

10. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    Thanks for tagging me Cuz!

That looks like a cool channel you've got there! I'll definitely go check y'all out. :)

Like my friend said I also have a channel. Here's a link for those of you who would like to see it. I haven't done a video in a few days but the quail have started laying and I a few other things have happened so I'll have more for you to watch soon! (You'll haveta sub and watch the videos to know ALL the updates lol;)

Anyway, welcome to BYC! :D

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by