Roos

Goatmum

Chirping
Mar 10, 2021
What would happen if we wind up with three Roos, and one Hen? I suspect that out of our 4 chicks, three might be Roos. Would three Roos fight each other for the hen? Or would they abuse the hen? I really don’t want to rehome any of our babies.

I have a lot of Roosters and since they grew up with each other they don't seem to fight. They might fight in your case because there is only one hen and they could fight over her. I suggest keeping the roosters separated from the hen or get more hens so that they don't overwhelm her.

Three to one is not a good mix. Yes they will probably fight. You might have success keeping all three either separated from the hen in their own bachelor pad- although they may still fight, or you could try getting another 30 hens or so....😉

depends on the breed probably .. from what ive seen theres usually a dominant one and the rest are kindof like big hens and just eat up all the food make noise and serve no purpose .. you can rehome them or make some chicken squeezers for dinner out of them when they get big enough lol ...

Back
Top Bottom