Roost advice need help. New to chickens

Thank you for the picture. It really helps. Now it just made me realize another issue. I have to be able to get to my poop board :barnie. My coop ended up a lot higher than I wanted it. Going to buy a step stool today lol!
Good luck with your chicken math:lol:!
My hubs was out of town so I had plenty of time to plan for exactly what I wanted (I’m not allowed to run his saws lol) not to mention I started with a shed hahaha we added a ramp to the lower roost also even though the poop board is 2.5ft high. And next we will be putting down vinyl flooring for easy cleaning and some windows.

My hubs was out of town so I had plenty of time to plan for exactly what I wanted (I’m not allowed to run his saws lol) not to mention I started with a shed hahaha we added a ramp to the lower roost also even though the poop board is 2.5ft high. And next we will be putting down vinyl flooring for easy cleaning and some windows.
Yes the problem was that I did all the planning and research and hubby kept changing the plans lol!
Oh well. I did learn how to use the saw at the end of the project and did all decorative framing myself. Still have more of that to do after I figure out this roost nest box thing lol!

IMG_20191013_145935555.jpg

I remodeled my roosting twice and now they seem happy. They also prefer the roost to at least be 3" wide.
I still have to add sand to the poop shelf.

View attachment 1940976
I remodeled my roosting twice and now they seem happy. They also prefer the roost to at least be 3" wide.

I really, really like that! I could also just do free standing nest boxes maybe. I think I would not have any problem reaching eggs from my coop door.
Thank you!

View attachment 1940976
My plans were nest boxes under also but the hubs took my ideas and got carried away. We now have a poop board that is 3.5 ft wide smh ‍♀️ so as for nest boxes back to drawing board. I currently have food bins stored under and now plan on a brooder under that poo board and nest boxes else where. Currently on 1 out of 9 is laying now. 1 egg every other day for 2 weeks edited to add I was getting 6 to 7 a day

My plans were nest boxes under also but the hubs took my ideas and got carried away. We now have a poop board that is 3.5 ft wide smh ‍♀️ so as for nest boxes back to drawing board. I currently have food bins stored under and now plan on a brooder under that poo board and nest boxes else where. Currently on 1 out of 9 is laying now. 1 egg every other day for 2 weeks edited to add I was getting 6 to 7 a day
I like the boxes underneath as they stay cleaner. I did have a ladder roost, but my girls didn't like it and the boxes were in top of a shelf. They were constantly trying to sleep in and on them making a mess.

So in taking everyone’s suggestion I could do the poop drawer and roost and then possibly make a clean out door to access the poop drawer on this side of my coop. Another option I hadn’t thought about.

Attachments

• C0C18739-2B5A-45CB-A5CF-E7EB9F6E6090.jpeg
    C0C18739-2B5A-45CB-A5CF-E7EB9F6E6090.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom