Roost bars

My shed is 8 x 6. I put in a number of roosts. The top 3 are the same height. THe middle levels are 2 roosts at the same height, and the lower roosts are the same height. It allows choices. When the weather is cold, they squish in so close I can hardly count correctly. WHen it's hot, they spread out, and lower in the pecking order gets a lower roost. 48 linear feet to choose from.

^^this is a pic of my nesting boxes which are on the inside of my shed, leaving more space for the chicken area

^this is looking in the chicken area thru my double doors..Poop board is above 3 nesting boxes..I recently lowered my roost in the poop board. didn't really need to be 'that' high

I am considering putting a perch/roost across the front of the nesting boxes even tho it's a possibility they 'roost' there, my chicks are still very small, will be going out next week, blocking off the nests, but I think the 'poop board" might be to high for them at this age.

I figure as they get older they'll be able to get up on the higher poop board roost, will also have a ladder for them to get up there ..Anyhow that's "my" plan even tho I know if they roost on the perch I plan across the boxes, they will most likely poop on the floor..

Back
Top Bottom