Roost height, ramp… IE one silkie

Oh, this is the 2.5' wide coop?
Not much room for a ramp.
How deep is that poop board?
How will you reach the back of it, or can you get at it from the other end?
Yes, the narrowest coop on earth 😂. It slides out! I considered also putting a piece of laminate cut to size that can come out but it slides out easily. I have seen longer scoop/rake type tools. Worst case scenario, I attach a cat litter scoop to a long thicker dowel?

Yes, the narrowest coop on earth 😂. It slides out! I considered also putting a piece of laminate cut to size that can come out but it slides out easily. I have seen longer scoop/rake type tools. Worst case scenario, I attach a cat litter scoop to a long thicker dowel?
And I have the ramp inside now for fitting and marking and it works. I can walk in and still do what’s needed.

Don’t mind the sharp edges on the window HWC, my husband is trimming it out this weekend. This is the planned layout, 2 laying boxes and then the pop door. You can see where the ramp hits. I can still walk in and clean, etc. it’s tight but it functions.

Attachments

• 25AD6152-5645-4B75-BA11-C2A8C9686427.jpeg
    25AD6152-5645-4B75-BA11-C2A8C9686427.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 5
  • E82128E3-A9A1-497F-AF83-8C5FEC1D2EBE.jpeg
    E82128E3-A9A1-497F-AF83-8C5FEC1D2EBE.jpeg
    586.9 KB · Views: 5
  • EDFD4DB2-8E64-4A62-BCA7-17665B8FEC74.jpeg
    EDFD4DB2-8E64-4A62-BCA7-17665B8FEC74.jpeg
    760.1 KB · Views: 5
So you'll have to move the ramp to slide out the poop board?
How long is the poop board?
Yeah, I didn’t think of that. That’s a good point, it’s 38 inches deep. My husband said he could figure out a way to make the ramp lift/hinge when we have some time, though. That’s kinda why I planned to cover the poop shelf with sand or coffee grounds and scoop the poop daily like I do my cat litter with something like this.

https://a.co/d/iuZmpS3

Yeah, I didn’t think of that. That’s a good point, it’s 38 inches deep. My husband said he could figure out a way to make the ramp lift/hinge when we have some time, though. That’s kinda why I planned to cover the poop shelf with sand or coffee grounds and scoop the poop daily like I do my cat litter with something like this.

https://a.co/d/iuZmpS3
Well, you'll have to keep us updated once you actually get birds in there and try these things out.

They can get up all kinds of ramp angles. It's traction that seems to limit them. I discovered that little rungs help. But with young chicks I had they struggled. I wrapped the ramp in hardware cloth and they zoomed up. Lots of little squares for their little claws to hook onto.

They can get up all kinds of ramp angles. It's traction that seems to limit them. I discovered that little rungs help. But with young chicks I had they struggled. I wrapped the ramp in hardware cloth and they zoomed up. Lots of little squares for their little claws to hook onto.
That’s interesting and a good idea! We will be doing cleats every 3 inches and I will really watch her and see what she can do. I wonder if they’ll chicken pile in the new coop for awhile

Back
Top Bottom