Roost

Rldad1

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
North Alabama
I am in the process of designing and building my coop which will be 6'X6' . My question, I will have 4 full sized chickens and will a 4" roost bar be enough room or should I go a full 6" or even two bars? Thanks.

I'd recommend two 4 foot roost bars, one a bit higher than the other. This gives them more options, and you more space for when chicken math strikes!

I am in the process of designing and building my coop which will be 6'X6' . My question, I will have 4 full sized chickens and will a 4" roost bar be enough room or should I go a full 6" or even two bars? Thanks.
I would do a six foot with a poop board under it. When you put in multiple roosts at different heights they can fight over the highest roost.

Here is my six foot roost bar with eight birds on it. I say your good
nb.jpg

Mine are about 8ft. I have all at different levels. None have fought over the top one. I have 5 that sleep on the highest, 2 on the second to top and the babies stay on the lower ones (when they roost)

Attachments

• 20200706_144134.jpg
    20200706_144134.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks to all who have responded. I will let everyone see the results when I post pics of my coop which is currently getting started.

Back
Top Bottom