Rooster and hen covered in yellow spots

I agree with @ChickNanny13 that this is dry fowl pox virus. It usually lasts about a month and just make sure they are eating and drinking. The wet version of pox causes yellow lesions inside the beak and throat. If any seem to be especially sick, look for those yellow plaques. If any scabs form on or around the eyes, you can use triple antibiotic ointment on those. Don’t disturb scabs though, since that can spread pox. There is a fowl pox vaccine available for those who have not been exposed. The ones that recover will become immune to fowl pox in the future.

I agree with @ChickNanny13 that this is dry fowl pox virus. It usually lasts about a month and just make sure they are eating and drinking. The wet version of pox causes yellow lesions inside the beak and throat. If any seem to be especially sick, look for those yellow plaques. If any scabs form on or around the eyes, you can use triple antibiotic ointment on those. Don’t disturb scabs though, since that can spread pox. There is a fowl pox vaccine available for those who have not been exposed. The ones that recover will become immune to fowl pox in the future.
got it. i did try to open a few the other day thinking it was infected peck wounds and put antibiotic ointment all over my birds. ill keep a very close eye on them all. the two that are infected are in quarantine now but i am gonna treat the whole flock incase since the mosquitoes in my area are bad. i am trying to find out how much the vaccines are now since i have two ducks and two hens inside that aren't exposed to the other birds. one of which is my hen with the leukosis. thank you all for all this help. i am hoping they push through this. my hen is currently already starting to look better as the spots on her have scabbed and the scabs started falling off today with no more signs of the yellow spots. im gonna check everyone's mouths tomorrow morning to make sure they will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom