Rooster being strange

Chickem707

Songster
Jul 11, 2018
So my top rooster, the most dominant one is acting weird today. He looks different, is in a different stance and isn’t putting the other younger rooster in his place. Is there something wrong? Usually his neck is out and his head is high

Attachments

• F75EFC50-F093-4D03-A5BC-52EB699192B0.jpeg
    F75EFC50-F093-4D03-A5BC-52EB699192B0.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 11
So my top rooster, the most dominant one is acting weird today. He looks different, is in a different stance and isn’t putting the other younger rooster in his place. Is there something wrong? Usually his neck is out and his head is high
I'm pretty sure that rooster is sick. I don't know what kind of sickness it is though. Sorry. When my chickens are sick I usually mix electrolytes or vitamins into the chickens water and it helps

I'm pretty sure that rooster is sick. I don't know what kind of sickness it is though. Sorry. When my chickens are sick I usually mix electrolytes or vitamins into the chickens water and it helps
I think I’ll give him a vitamin mash tomorrow, he’s extremely skinny as well. They have unlimited food 24/7 but he seems to only call the hens over to eat

He could be molting, from the pic. All chickens seem to act aloof, eat less, and are not as sociable when they are molting. I am seeing feathers all over right now, and some are molting a bit early. If he likes a nutritious treat, try scrambling some eggs or toss some canned tuna or salmon for some extra protein.

I went to lock the coop up tonight, and he was sat down sleeping. I was stroking him and he usually gets up but he made no effort to move at all

He could be molting, from the pic. All chickens seem to act aloof, eat less, and are not as sociable when they are molting. I am seeing feathers all over right now, and some are molting a bit early. If he likes a nutritious treat, try scrambling some eggs or toss some canned tuna or salmon for some extra protein.
I hope so, thanks! I did actually notice that his feathers are looking a bit scruffy, as he used to have such a long tail and near his vent there’s a few of those feather buds with the plasticy coating on.

That’s him maybe a month ago, his tail was down for like a second

Attachments

• 99D8DF8B-F848-44FF-B30F-248B61B77AF6.jpeg
    99D8DF8B-F848-44FF-B30F-248B61B77AF6.jpeg
    727.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom