Rooster being very aggressive towards hens

Good Morning!

Our rooster is being very aggressive towards our hens.
I came out this morning to check on them and the one was limping and found the rooster trying to attack her.
This is probably the 4th one he has injured.

How do I handle this?
The poor hen is so helpless as its leg is injured which I think is from him.
When a rooster gets very aggressive with my girls, I get rid of him! This may not be the best way, but I hate to see them hurt!

Your roo is a danger and a menace. He needs to be removed from having access to the hens. Period. Accept that.

However, following that, you do have lots of options.

1. Rehome him
2. Train and discipline him. Maybe you can improve his behavior. Warning, this is a lot of work.
3. Keep him but only permit limited access to the hens, perhaps just an hour a day.
4. Keep him segregated with never any access to the hens.
5. Make soup out of him.
5 sounds good to me!

I have a rooster who has been abusing one of my hens. Up until today he was just plucking feathers off her head. Today I found her with 2 bloody gashes on her neck with skin missing. She is now in the infirmary. Would you keep this rooster?

i had a gay rooster, that seemed to like the dominet large rooster,did NOT work out to good for him , he seems to have stratened out with the help of the larger rooster

I have a rooster who has been abusing one of my hens. Up until today he was just plucking feathers off her head. Today I found her with 2 bloody gashes on her neck with skin missing. She is now in the infirmary. Would you keep this rooster?
If you separate her, when you put her back with the flock she will be picked on anyway. I would not keep the rooster! Just my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom