"Rooster Booster" in my eye!

Knock Kneed Hen

California Dream'in Chickens
9 Years
Feb 15, 2010
So. Cal.
Yep, the chicken decided to shake, which I anticipated, and a big blob ended up in my eye. It's mostly all natural ingredients but man-o-man did it burn!!! Took a while to flush the eye out then the skin all around my eye burned. The whole time I'm thinking about the poor chicken that I rubbed this stuff all over (a suspected victim of feather picking). She got some in her eye first and I was attempting to wipe her eye out when I got it in mine.

Does this burn the chicken's skin like a does a persons? If so, it's kind of a cruel product to use. Poor things!!

Godsgrl

Ostrich wrangler
12 Years
Aug 27, 2007
at the zoo usually
Sorry about your eye, I hope it feels better soon. Did you wash it out with water? I thought Rooster Booster was vitamins you fed the chicken, not something you put ON them. Could be wrong though, hope you feel better soon.
hugs.gif

highcountrychickens

Head Rooster Jouster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
Jackson Hole
OUCH!!! I had that stuff on my hands... it's brutal! When it wears off, you stop burning, and your sense of humor returns - you'll get a kick out of a post on my page - addresses feather picking and Rooster Booster specifically -
I SOOO feel for you
sad.png

Knock Kneed Hen

California Dream'in Chickens
9 Years
Feb 15, 2010
So. Cal.
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
I wish I would have read your page BEFORE I decided to try the rooster booster (which you're right about having to apply and re-apply it since I had just done it yesterday too
sad.png
). I guess I just have to look at this hideous hen for the next 12 yrs. Funny thing is, I have never seen anyone pick her feathers. I have another bird that looks like it's been picked but she's at least growing her feathers back. I was thinking about just putting the picked on hen in a separate cage until she feathers out. What do you think? Here's a pic of my poor hen pecked hen....no, she's not a Naked Neck.
49067_img_1190.jpg

Top Bottom