"Rooster Booster" in my eye!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Knock Kneed Hen, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Yep, the chicken decided to shake, which I anticipated, and a big blob ended up in my eye. It's mostly all natural ingredients but man-o-man did it burn!!! Took a while to flush the eye out then the skin all around my eye burned. The whole time I'm thinking about the poor chicken that I rubbed this stuff all over (a suspected victim of feather picking). She got some in her eye first and I was attempting to wipe her eye out when I got it in mine.

Does this burn the chicken's skin like a does a persons? If so, it's kind of a cruel product to use. Poor things!!

2. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Sorry about your eye, I hope it feels better soon. Did you wash it out with water? I thought Rooster Booster was vitamins you fed the chicken, not something you put ON them. Could be wrong though, hope you feel better soon. [​IMG]

3. Knock Kneed Hen

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
  4. highcountrychickens

highcountrychickens Head Rooster Jouster

Aug 28, 2008
    Jackson Hole
    OUCH!!! I had that stuff on my hands... it's brutal! When it wears off, you stop burning, and your sense of humor returns - you'll get a kick out of a post on my page - addresses feather picking and Rooster Booster specifically -
    I SOOO feel for you [​IMG]

5. Knock Kneed Hen

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I wish I would have read your page BEFORE I decided to try the rooster booster (which you're right about having to apply and re-apply it since I had just done it yesterday too [​IMG] ). I guess I just have to look at this hideous hen for the next 12 yrs. Funny thing is, I have never seen anyone pick her feathers. I have another bird that looks like it's been picked but she's at least growing her feathers back. I was thinking about just putting the picked on hen in a separate cage until she feathers out. What do you think? Here's a pic of my poor hen pecked hen....no, she's not a Naked Neck.
    [​IMG]

6. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Crowing

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Aww you poor thing! Maybe try Blue-Kote instead of No-Pick? I heard it doesn't need to be reapplied so often...? Just an idea!

7. True Grit

True Grit Songster

[​IMG]
    Quote:Ha! Your feather picking saga is hilarious. [​IMG] Now, if only it had a happy ending. [​IMG]

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Oops, I was mistaken then. Thank you for clarifying, hope your eye is feeling better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: