Rooster Breeds?

I marked them all the same day, and the water part is how I checked to see if the chicks inside the other eggs were alive, you put them in tepid water and the egg will move from the chick thinking it is going to drown and moves around inside. Something I learned from this site today and it works unless these eggs are magical, lol

Last edited:
It's in the hatching section on this site, and it worked, I started with 20 eggs on August 28th, I marked them with a line, and left them all in with my Broody hen, I then removed all the fresh eggs daily hoping for something to happen with the eggs I marked and one hatched today finally and 2 rotted. I have 17 left and 16 of them are moving one is not as of yet. I had never heard of the water thing either, but there are tons of posts about checking for signs of life this way and to my surprise it worked exactly like they said.

Oh yeah and the eggs were not all hers but she kept them all warm and were all laid the 27th and 28th of August by her and other hens, I marked my calendar and have kept watch since this is my first attempt at hatching.

sounds like you did everything right, not sure why they didn't develop on schedule except maybe it was too many eggs. I use bantam cochins for broodies so I don't really know how many to put under a full size hen. If you try again, I'd go with a dozen and see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom