Rooster Cant Walk

Jayrxe

Hatching
Jan 24, 2020
My rooster cant walk or stand up hes eating and drinking fine he no longer jumps up on his perch at night now.

Welcome to BYC and sorry to hear about your lame rooster. Can you give us more details about his age and how long this has been going on? Is he moving his legs and feet at all? Can you post any pictures of how he is laying or sitting? Was he vaccinated for Mareks disease, and do you have other roosters?

I dont know how old he is probably 3 or 4 i have 1 other rooster hes been like this for about a week hes been sitting in the same place for 2 days straight now I dont see him moving his leg at all

I dont know how old he is probably 3 or 4 i have 1 other rooster hes been like this for about a week hes been sitting in the same place for 2 days straight now I dont see him moving his leg at all
Can you gather him up, inspect him for lice/mites, look him over for injury, check his crop, get a good look at his poop? Photos are always welcome.

If he's not moved for 2 days now, then likely he's dehydrated, I would try to get some fluids into him. Once he's drinking, then see if he will eat.

Can you gather him up, inspect him for lice/mites, look him over for injury, check his crop, get a good look at his poop? Photos are always welcome.

If he's not moved for 2 days now, then likely he's dehydrated, I would try to get some fluids into him. Once he's drinking, then see if he will eat.
I moved him now has water and food I watched him eat and drink still not moving

Has he been drinking water or eating at all? Do you have any electrolytes or Poultry NutriDrench available? PND dosage is 1 ml per every 3 pounds. Pedialyte or Gatorade can be okay too. Offer it up to his beak in a small cup, scoop or drinker. I wonder if he could have been injured in a fight or if he was challenged.

Has he been drinking water or eating at all? Do you have any electrolytes or Poultry NutriDrench available? PND dosage is 1 ml per every 3 pounds. Pedialyte or Gatorade can be okay too. Offer it up to his beak in a small cup, scoop or drinker. I wonder if he could have been injured in a fight or if he was challenged.
I dont have any access to electrolytes is there a way to make some ? And yes he has been eating and drinking

Sorry, I just now saw your response. You can mix a tsp of sugar and a small pinch of salt in a quart/liter of water, and feed that.

Back
Top Bottom