Rooster confused, raping other roosters?

MartinsPoultry

Songster
Nov 3, 2016
Slanesville, West Virginia
Ok so I have this one very retarted or severely confused English Orpington rooster who will purposely seek out one of my cochin mixed roosters pin him down and brutally rape him, and he isn't the only one this rooster goes after as well as my light brahma boys and cornish cross boys. I've caught him doing this alot and it's to the point he has to be caged away from them for fear of my cochin rooster. And I do mean cochin rooster I own him and his two brothers.

What is causing this behavior? Obviously the aggressor will not be staying at all infact he isn't worth selling with this issue unless someone wants to make soup of him. I have no hens with this crew of boys as they were to rough with my hens and causing feather loss, I have my really calm boys with my girls.

Is there a possibility that my cochin mixed rooster could be half and half? His brother used to mount him before the sickle feathers, comb and crowing started. This one bird has me so baffled.

Hormones. That situation that you are experiencing is more common than you think.
No such thing as half and half. Never was & never will be. Unless you bought your birds from Tyson.

Ok so I have this one very retarted or severely confused English Orpington rooster who will purposely seek out one of my cochin mixed roosters pin him down and brutally rape him, and he isn't the only one this rooster goes after as well as my light brahma boys and cornish cross boys. I've caught him doing this alot and it's to the point he has to be caged away from them for fear of my cochin rooster. And I do mean cochin rooster I own him and his two brothers.

What is causing this behavior? Obviously the aggressor will not be staying at all infact he isn't worth selling with this issue unless someone wants to make soup of him. I have no hens with this crew of boys as they were to rough with my hens and causing feather loss, I have my really calm boys with my girls.

Is there a possibility that my cochin mixed rooster could be half and half? His brother used to mount him before the sickle feathers, comb and crowing started. This one bird has me so baffled.

Believe it or not, that could be a sign of dominance. That rooster is just showing his dominance over the other.

Ok so I have this one very retarted or severely confused.....Is there a possibility that my cochin mixed rooster could be half and half?
You might be confused about chicken sexuality, dominance, and behaviors.
'Mounting' is not always sexual behavior,
as when a male mounts a female to transfer sperm.
It's also a dominance behavior and can happen between any genders of birds.

Multiple males might work out a pecking order, or continue to try to dominate one another. Keep males separated or get rid of all that you don't really need.

Back
Top Bottom