rooster could be ? EE? or ??????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tndalexander, Oct 31, 2012.

1. tndalexander

tndalexander In the Brooder

Oct 26, 2012
    [​IMG]
    His tail is a dark green he is very pretty standard size but I am getting LOTS of breeds for this guy he seems pretty calm compared to my golden comet roo

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    a side shot would help but he looks ee

3. tndalexander

Oct 26, 2012

4. tndalexander

Oct 26, 2012
    I was told he is a Sweater? Looked up that & saw a few that do look like him but also saw other breeds that look like him. I am trying to find out as I have pure breed hens & in spring want to get the right roo with the right hen. For fall & winter I eat all eggs & let them all go what ever way they like but by spring I need the right hens with him

5. tndalexander

Oct 26, 2012
    so now I saw this http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/grd/3344789998.html & I have confused myself even more. What should I look for as signs that one belongs to one breed or the other? So far the pretty feathers are not helping. So I know Im looking at it wrong....

This is a black copper maran rooster in this link by the way

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  6. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Songster

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    I vote EE, I think. Tail shape, comb shape, and it kinda looks like he had beard/muffs. Body shape is all off for a marans. But body shape kinda reminds me of an OEGB. (but with that comb it would probably be dubbed, not saying it is, but thats definately not a single comb.)

I wouldn't go by color. Especially since EE's come in all colors and thats what you think he could be. That'll just confuse you even more.

7. tndalexander

Oct 26, 2012
    He does have big cheeks & a beard so if that is the EE type then I will go back to that. I ordered EEs all pullets but they were only a day old so I know there can be room for error at that age & getting only 1 rooster out of a huge order is not so bad. I did order some Cochin hens as well & Asterlops but I am sure he is NOT even a little cochin lol Thank you for the information I am thinking EE is it as you said he looks like he has the beard/muffs, & he does have a rose comb so I have no idea what that means?

I would take more pictures but shattered my touch screen on the cell & can not find my cord to connect my full camera to the lap top & download all those pictures. Soon as hubby gets here with his cell I can do a real good head shot lol

8. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

[​IMG] Here's my EE male to compare to ;)

9. greenmimama

greenmimama Chirping

Aug 22, 2012
    Oh wow, he is gorgeous!!

10. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

That's not a very good image of him, but thanks :D [​IMG] Here is a picture showing him a little better. I just didn't load that album to share the image. It takes a while to load on Photobucket, as I have 2,000 pictures in that album :lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by