Rooster eating eggs

Mwarner211

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2020
I have a 3 year old Rooster that I found eating eggs. I've seen several hens eating eggs and I separated them but I was still having eggs being eaten until I caught him red handed in the nesting box! I don't know what to do! We have been through so many roosters before we found a good one that protects the flock, is good to the girls and doesn't attack me or my kids. I'd really hate to have to get rid of him. Is there anything I can do to keep him from eating the eggs? I think he may have been the culprit all along possibly breaking the eggs open and feeding it to the girls since the separated one's were giving me more eggs!🤔

I have a 3 year old Rooster that I found eating eggs. I've seen several hens eating eggs and I separated them but I was still having eggs being eaten until I caught him red handed in the nesting box! I don't know what to do! We have been through so many roosters before we found a good one that protects the flock, is good to the girls and doesn't attack me or my kids. I'd really hate to have to get rid of him. Is there anything I can do to keep him from eating the eggs? I think he may have been the culprit all along possibly breaking the eggs open and feeding it to the girls since the separated one's were giving me more eggs!🤔
Can you convert to a roll out nest box?

Can you convert to a roll out nest box?
I suppose its worth a try. We recently built more "private" boxes & he squeezed inside! We were having an issue with the hens laying in random places but now I wonder if they were trying to hide the eggs from him? Thank you for the suggestion

Back
Top Bottom