Rooster getting picked on

Chicken56288

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2022
IMG_20220501_195752_119.jpg

This is my rooster Brutus named after his amrock dad his is born small and over time has only gotten a little bigger than this picture the guy in the back his name is Walter. brutus never liked to fight but when he had to he was very strategic and has gotten in fights with the rooster behind him and has always won. All of our roosters get along now but sometimes Brutus gets chase and won't fight anymore and I worry because he is small. Basically to get to the point is there a way to train him to fight again? I don't like them fighting but Brutus never injured any of the other chickens he just punks them out and they leave him alone. Now he is always getting chased and I don't like knowing he can punk them out but instead he runs. Is there a way to get him to defend himself again?

Leave him be. It’s probably just part of the ever changing pecking order that’s talking place. As long as there’s no serious injuries done to him or any other birds then there’s no need to intervene. They’ll figure it out on their own. Good luck.

I agree.He knows whether its worth fighting or not. If the bigger rooster is picking fights and won't let the little guy eat or live in peace you'll need to choose between the two or you'll wind up with a dead rooster .

I agree.He knows whether its worth fighting or not. If the bigger rooster is picking fights and won't let the little guy eat or live in peace you'll need to choose between the two or you'll wind up with a dead rooster .
No but he is a really good fighter back when he used to fight he scared off everyone who tried to pick on him big or not he would use his smallness to a advantage and slide under their feet

No but he is a really good fighter back when he used to fight he scared off everyone who tried to pick on him big or not he would use his smallness to a advantage and slide under their feet
Having multiple roosters is always iffy as they will most likely constantly fighting for dominance.

Back
Top Bottom