Rooster hates single person

Emma_Bruffy

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
My mother has been staying over and while she is here she wants to take care of the chickens to learn about them. The issue is my rooster, that loves everybody and is usually super sweet, wont let her anywhere near them without attacking her. She was carrying a pan of food out and he ran after her and she dropped it on the ground. I think he is leading her to believe that all chickens are aggressive and while shes learning about them I dont want her to have that mind set. Is there anyway to get him to not hate her. He isnt like this with anyone but her for some reason and she is super sweet to the chickens.

My EE rooster is like this with my mom. He’s super protective and my mom is scared of him. She hasn’t helped the situation much by using her purse to shove in his face. 😑 But she has been coming around. Shes been feeding them and has even picked Fuzzy, the EE roo, up. Every time she goes outside she has food and throws it them. The chickens are starting to see her as a source of food now instead of a threat. Fuzzy still dances up to her sometimes but not as much since she started carrying his favorite treats around.

I know when anyone new comes to the yard it takes Fuzzy a bit to figure out they aren’t a threat. He does his dance and wants to protect his girls. But usually the dance is as far as it goes. So it might take your rooster some time to figure out your mom isn’t a threat.

Back
Top Bottom