Rooster help!

BriannaJ

In the Brooder
May 7, 2019
Hi everyone, seeking your words of wisdom!
I have a rooster that is about 1.5yrs old, he has been losing feathers ( the hens have been speeding up that process, poor guy ) for the last month, i assumed he was just going through a molting process? suddenly about 5 days ago i noticed he had blisters on his lower legs - he hasn't been as noisy as he usually is but he is still eating / drinking and his poops are normal , yesterday he was walking like he was drunk, very wobbly and has swollen feet. I put him in a kennel inside the coop with his own water/food but what else can i do for him ? or what do you think it might be ? obviously i feel terrible for not doing anything for him sooner, he isn't friendly so dealing with him is challenging.. and scary lol. Am i at risk of exposing my family to any illness' if i bring him in the house to be warmer? we have a small house so no extensive isolating is possible unfortunately. I have been giving him a powdered electrolyte solution from our local feed store in his water to help him along. ANY TIPS & ADVICE IS WELCOME!!
Thank you so much in advance!

BriannaJ

In the Brooder
May 7, 2019
Ok, I’ll bring his kennel in tonight then. I can try to get a better photo when I bring him in tonight but this is all I have for now sorry!
3DEFDE25-BD62-4B42-B9E2-EBE1A1C478E4.jpeg

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My Coop
Ok, I’ll bring his kennel in tonight then. I can try to get a better photo when I bring him in tonight but this is all I have for now sorry! View attachment 2505636
He may have frostbite on his feet.
Better pictures will be helpful. You can wrap him in a towel and cover his head to calm him and get better pictures.

Top Bottom