Rooster Hurts A Hens Comb *(Pics Later)*

Orpingtons4U

Songster
8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
Central Virginia
Our Rooster he Hurt our Hen's Comb She Had Blood Coming down her Face her Comb Torn
hit.gif
I feel sorry for the girl oh She is A Splash Orpington i will go out later and get pics

Flush the injury with 50/50 betadine and water mixture. Then put neosporin on the wound. If it's still bleeding, styptic sticks or gel might be required to stop the bleeding..walmart has the sticks, dont know about the gel. In a pinch, you can use flour to stop the bleeding.

Quote:
Okay thanks now what to do with the rooster
tongue.png

Put him in a cage and figure out if you'll cull him.
Good luck.

I can't cull him i have grown to love him plus i can't cull anything i love them to much

Quote:
Put him in a cage and figure out if you'll cull him.
Good luck.

I can't cull him i have grown to love him plus i can't cull anything i love them to much

Then you'll have to get used to him hurting the girls. Culling is what a responsible chicken owner has to do. It's no fun, but you don't have to do it yourself (my dad did it the first time for me) but if this a bird who is hurting your hens... he has to go.

Quote:

Then you'll have to get used to him hurting the girls. Culling is what a responsible chicken owner has to do. It's no fun, but you don't have to do it yourself (my dad did it the first time for me) but if this a bird who is hurting your hens... he has to go.

Well We could sell him to a friend that takes in mean chickens

Back
Top Bottom