Rooster Identification ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Domestic_goddess, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    We are in the process of culling 5 roosters today! I need the breed Identification ASAP of this Rooster before he possibly goes to the freezer. He's beautiful, and smaller in size. I'm guessings he's a bantam. His crow is very high pitched and the loudest crow I've ever heard. He wakes me up at 5 am every morning with his screeching awful noise, I can't handle him. But I keep having this feeling I should keep him, I can't get past how pretty he is. What should I do? Maybe knowing the breed would sway me either way. ANYONE in UTAH that would be interested in taking him off my hands, he's up for grabs....but you'll have to message me today!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    Looks to be a mixed breed to me. He is very beautiful & unique and I'd take him in a heart beat if you were close by. What a waste to eat him.

3. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    I would too! Where are you located? oh....i see.......ohio.........I live in NC... Poor Roosters always have the hard life......

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  4. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    I would too...I except I'm in CA [​IMG]

5. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    looks like a mix maybe, not sure...

try a craigslist ad if you haven't already [​IMG] i always have trouble eating the pretty ones too... luckily the meat always looks pretty much the same hah.

6. McKenley5

McKenley5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    It really is unfortunate that roosters are so beautiful. I hope you find someone in UTAH that will take him. [​IMG]

7. ChickenLove123

ChickenLove123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Those roosters break our hearts! He is so beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by