Rooster in San Diego needs new home

jadasmom

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 12, 2013
One of my 6 chicks that I got in October last year wound up being a rooster. I tried to keep him, but he's crowing earlier & earlier and roosters are forbidden in my city. He's a 6 month old Speckled Sussex. He's a beautiful bird, I can handle him, he's not aggressive at all. Is there anyone that would like a rooster? I can post a picture if you'd like.

His name is Reuben.

I just read how to ship a bird on here. Any ideas what type of cardboard box?

Would you like to see a picture of him also?

Last edited:
It's fairly easy! Just need a box that won't leak or crush easy and holes for ventilation. Then choose the priority shipping option. That's it! Lot of ppl say you need to be npip certified but you don't. All chicks you get at like your hard ware stores and from hatcheries are all mailed the day they are born! I mailed a extra hen that was bout 4 months old to my dad is how I found out!

Sure that be nixes I would get a good box fro grocery store like one something fragile would come in

I work at Target, I'll check tomorrow for a box. I probably won't be able to get it all together by tomorrow, but I can either ship him possibly Wednesday or Monday (4/21)

I'll PM you my email address.

Seems that I'll need a USPS approved box to ship him in. I emailed a company to see how much shipping would be for one. When you shipped your hen, what did you ship her in?

Back
Top Bottom