Rooster invading our home.

shelliott

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
We have a young rooster, probably 3-4 months old, he isn't crowing yet. Anyway, ever since we got rid of some baby chickens, because he killed one, he has been very invasive. We can't leave our doors open to our home because he keeps coming in. When I go outside to hang clothes on the line, he is right there with me. I was outside reading on the deck one day and he came up and hopped into my lap, little freaky for me. Please help!

What is it that you want? Do you want to eat him, and need to know how to butcher? Do you just want him to leave? Or do you just want to keep him off your porch ect. Or are you wanting to keep him around but don't want anyone to know you secretly want him hopping up on your lap while reading?
lau.gif

I guess I just want to know how to keep him from coming onto the porch without hurting him. My husband shot him with an airsoft gun yesterday, maybe that will do the trick:)

If you have a broom handy, you can pick it up and wave it and that will usually send them running. He will get the message. Shooting him with an airsoft should make him a little "gun-shy" about coming onto the porch. But that is a little brutal, just sayin. If you have any dog/cat food on the porch I would set it inside for a while so he doesn't visit looking for food.

Wish you the best.

We have a young rooster, probably 3-4 months old, he isn't crowing yet. Anyway, ever since
we got rid of some baby chickens, because he killed one, he has been very invasive. We can't leave our doors open to our home because he keeps coming in. When I go outside to hang clothes on the line, he is right there with me. I was outside reading on the deck one day and he came up and hopped into my lap, little freaky for me. Please help!
How lucky can you get????? Not everyone gets a rooster that's so happy to be with you. If you don't want him, find a home for him, or build him a pen.
My gf actually came home and her horse was in the kitchen.

How lucky can you get????? Not everyone gets a rooster that's so happy to be with you. If you don't want him, find a home for him, or build him a pen.
My gf actually came home and her horse was in the kitchen.
<snort> Now that's funny!

I had asked in an earlier post if this was the only bird. I agree with the rehoming unless there are other birds or they plan on getting more. Chickens are a flock animals and need 'others' around them. If there aren't any other chickens or any poultry of any kind, that poor little guy is going to be awful lonely. Especially if Shelliot doesn't want him to interact with them, the owners. So far there hasn't been another post from Shelliot so I have no idea what the situation is.

George, the rooster, hasn't been around for the past few days. Guess the airsoft gun worked. He is the only bird around our house. We love George but when he comes on the porch and into the house he poops everywhere and that is why my husband and I have drawn a line. I think we have found someone who wants him and who has other chickens. I do think he is lonely and was probably the reason he kept invading our house. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom