Rooster is a good dad?

I was stunned to see what my rooster did when he saw his chicks he didn’t show aggression he just walked them towards the rest of the flock and layed down next to them to snuggle. I have 3 adult roosters two in my run and one that just showed up one day and lives in my yard now and all three love baby chicks, Hei Hei the second most dominant maran rooster likes to cuddle his olive egger babies, and Foggy my alpha lavender Orpington rooster protects the chicks and makes sure they stay with the rest of the flock, and Pëpè Le Pew the stray rooster I take care of loves to watch the chicks when they slip through little gaps in the run and he had always been scared of me until I grabbed a chick that wandered off and he charged out of the bushes and attacked me. So does anyone else have good dad roosters
All of my roosters are friendlier to newcomers than any of the hens. A couple of them go out of their way to welcome younger birds I introduce to the flock, and they'll also train them as they get older.

Back
Top Bottom