Rooster likes mud?

Emmey

Songster
May 13, 2020
Anacoco, Louisiana
Okay today will l was feeding my chickens when my rooster rolled in mud like a dog. He's a Brahma with featherd feet. So naturally I'm trying to get of the mud because I have been told it hurts them. Also he has water to last 2 days and a dust bath. So I'm confused did his body get use to the mud or am I just unexpeanced. I couldn't get a video of him doing it, but I got the aftermath picture. Also I have had them for 2 years and the only time 3 have was when a coyote got in the coop.
20200708_164434.jpg

I've kept cochins for years without problems. I personally have never experienced a problem with mud. As long as they can get away from it and have somewhere clean and dry they are fine. No breed of chicken should stand in mud all day.

I've kept cochins for years without problems. I personally have never experienced a problem with mud. As long as they can get away from it and have somewhere clean and dry they are fine. No breed of chicken should stand in mud all day.
We have nests and tin covering a big part of the coop. That is were the dust baths. I'm just confused of why the mud and not the dirt.

Back
Top Bottom