Rooster needs Loving Forever home (Bay Area, California)

heighdee

Hatching
Jul 22, 2016
Bay Area, California
My rooster is over a year old. He needs a forever home. I want to make sure he goes to a good home where he will be safe and loved..
0.jpg

Aww. He is so cute! I really wish I could take him, but I just can't. Out of curiosity, though, why do you have to get rid of him? If you can't find a good home for him, you could try Farm Sanctuary.

Roosters are not legal where I live. We first thought he was a hen. I will try Farm Sanctuary, where is that located? I had also heard of Hosanna Boys Ranch in Castro Valley. However, I have heard that they don't take care of the chickens. It's not a safe place for my rooster. So, yes, I am looking for a safe sanctuary as well!

I know every situation is different, but I've been able to keep a rooster in the Oakland hills, where they're technically illegal. My boy sleeps in a mancave at night (a cat carrier in the crawl space of my house, next to the coop), which keeps him from waking me or my neighbors up. I also made a flyer for my neighbors with my contact info, to give them a way to contact me if he bother them, and everyone has been fine with it. Anyway, roosters aren't for everyone (and doing the above can make going a way more challenging), but if you're really attached to him, you might find a way to keep him.
Now, I'm trying to find a home for his son!

Back
Top Bottom