Rooster of the week!

Pics
I have two very big beautiful Bielefelder roosters that were hatched on the same day and minutes apart who are always together and fight over nothing even though I have only 4 hens.
Everyone was hatched here in my home. The larger rooster, Adelhelm: Noble Protector is the head rooster of the two sweet guys. He is the one running after the girls and sits inside the door of the coop to guard the rest of my chicken family at night. The smaller rooster, Krieger: Warrior is a real character because when my chicken family is all in the coop he comes up the landing in front of our Atrium doors in the Breakfast Room (we eat late so we are in the room) to get my attention so I come out and lock up the coop. He only goes down one step at a time in front of me and he will not go into the coop till I am right behind him to lock the door. When I go out to give them an afternoon treat around 4PM the roosters come up and sit with me on the bench while the hens feed their becks. I guess I have strange roosters, but I love them big guys. When I come in the house, Adelhelm walks up the steps with me and just stands there looking like he wants to follow me into to the house. I do not know if he ever will but he might if his little brother helps decide they should. I think my loving wife of 43 years would have a heart attack if she found any chicken in the house but these big hug roosters would really give her one. I hope they do come in.
I have read all kinds of horror stories about roosters so I was not sure if I wanted any roosters till I lost 4 hens to predators, but these two are great and are a lot of fun.

View attachment 2337750View attachment 2337751View attachment 2337752View attachment 2337753View attachment 2337754View attachment 2337755View attachment 2337756View attachment 2337757View attachment 2337759This is Delaney, or as I call him, D man (he thinks that’s his name). He thinks I’m his main squeeze and no matter who’s around, or what’s going on with humans and hens alike, this cute, very tiny serama roo is at my feet- sometimes with his Little legs carrying him as fast as He can go in order to stay next to me. Love this little man. It’s funny, if someone gets to close to me, his inner game roo, comes shining through and he goes into protective mode. Have I mentioned I hatched him and he’s extremely imprinted on me? I have a video demonstrating this and will try to upload so I can add it!
He's so adorable!!! 💞

View attachment 2302247
This is my silkie mix/RIR cross Bean View attachment 2302248
This is my silkie mix Beanie
View attachment 2302250
Peck, the ugly brother to Ozzie who I don’t have a good picture of View attachment 2302251
Rusty, the less weird brother of Dusty who is scared to death of me View attachment 2302252
Buff, the buff silkie
I actually have more but not good quality :/ I have too many roosters.
View attachment 2302253
(Bonus of Bean sitting somewhere he wasn’t supposed to)
Wow. I am absolutely in love with the first rooster. They are all beautiful in my opinion, but wow. He is STUNNING!

I have two very big beautiful Bielefelder roosters that were hatched on the same day and minutes apart who are always together and fight over nothing even though I have only 4 hens.
Everyone was hatched here in my home. The larger rooster, Adelhelm: Noble Protector is the head rooster of the two sweet guys. He is the one running after the girls and sits inside the door of the coop to guard the rest of my chicken family at night. The smaller rooster, Krieger: Warrior is a real character because when my chicken family is all in the coop he comes up the landing in front of our Atrium doors in the Breakfast Room (we eat late so we are in the room) to get my attention so I come out and lock up the coop. He only goes down one step at a time in front of me and he will not go into the coop till I am right behind him to lock the door. When I go out to give them an afternoon treat around 4PM the roosters come up and sit with me on the bench while the hens feed their becks. I guess I have strange roosters, but I love them big guys. When I come in the house, Adelhelm walks up the steps with me and just stands there looking like he wants to follow me into to the house. I do not know if he ever will but he might if his little brother helps decide they should. I think my loving wife of 43 years would have a heart attack if she found any chicken in the house but these big hug roosters would really give her one. I hope they do come in.
I have read all kinds of horror stories about roosters so I was not sure if I wanted any roosters till I lost 4 hens to predators, but these two are great and are a lot of fun.
Awe. I have a huge Bielefelder boy too. They are the gentile giants of the chicken world for sure!

Back
Top Bottom