Rooster Playing Hide and Go Seek?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ShelterGirl, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Hope this makes someone smile [​IMG]

So one of our rescues named Biscuit is a pretty big guy, and though he loves his four girls, he spends more time chasing after a little Ameracauna rooster we call Cracker Jr. (dont be offended please, his daddy and him both were all a white coloring and love to eat crackers [​IMG] ) than he does chasing the hens.

He doesn't try to hurt Cracker, he just likes to set him up and scare him!

Instance one:
    Biscuit places one of his girls out in the open and hides under my aunt's big white Chevy. Cracker runs to her and right as he gets to flirting with her BAM, Biscuit flies out and chases him around until he is satisfied, crows, then goes back to his hens.

Instance two (same day as one):
    He places another one of his girls out in the open and waits under the horse trailer quietly. Cracker comes back over all excited, thinking he caught the hen wandering on her own and YET AGAIN, Biscuit flies out and takes off at a waddling run for him. They both fly up in the air over the old antique plow in the yard, and run away.

Instance three:
    Saturday he hid under the horse trailer but this time he snatched one of Cracker's girls! He made her start squawking and so Cracker ran over, quite concerned and calling to his lady [​IMG]
    And just as he got RIGHT at the trailer's front end out tears Biscuit.

This is an every-day, multiple-times-a-day thing. What do you think?

I see a rooster who gets his kicks hiding then popping out and scaring his older, but much smaller, coop neighbor.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by