Rooster problems

jackrooster

Songster
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
Maine
I have 3 rooster. One being RIR and the Tsar of the coop, his son the young tsarevitch a RIR/OEGB/Dutch bantam and a silkie that i got the is at the bottom on the monarchy. Anyways, i am in need of some help? My big RIR rooster is cutting open one of my hens and she just healded all up and i dont want her to get cut all open agian. So both the RIR and his son stay outside at all times.......the silkie is in with all the hen. Now when there free ranging they are all fine noon of them fight. But when in the coop if one of the rooster is breeding at hen the other rooster go at them, and i really dont want to give any away because they have such good dispasitions and my big RIR rooster is pretty old and he cant really mount the hen any more with 1 leg with out hurting them. SO i would like to keep his son to keep the generation going. What do you guys think i should do??

Also, if he's truly cutting the hens sides open his spurs need to go asap. They can be trimmed down to about 5/8 of an inch.

Back
Top Bottom