rooster ? pullet? ANY GUESSES ? ANYONE PLEASE ?pic heavy

karlamaria

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Western montana
The pictures are of month old babies, and 13 week old pullets . got several in a picture, but the black bird is still hiding LOL I would appreciate your expert knowledge on what these birds are please.I trimmed there feathers so they would not fly, at least to insure they stay in the yard since I got them as pullets and there not tame yet.

Last edited:
They all look like pullets to me. The red baby might not be, but I still feel it is. Where did you get them? I love the gray one! She looks like a mix, but she's sooooo pretty.

They all look like pullets to me. The red baby might not be, but I still feel it is. Where did you get them? I love the gray one! She looks like a mix, but she's sooooo pretty.
I sure hope they are all pullets, its to late to get any more birds and raise them before winter strikes here. in montana we are under a winter storm warning already today LOL winter comes fast and furious here, hoping to get some eggs from these girls by winter.
the grey one I hatched with my broody, ( first time chicken owner and first time hatch!
she is a year old and was always going broody so I let her have some eggs, she hatched out both babies. the gal I got them from has white rocks, bard rocks, and rir"s and she says maybe a cochin ( since the baby has feathered legs) that baby was all black and some yellow, and all of a sudden she is getting white and grey. I pray its a girl, we can not have roosters in the city.

I know what you mean about the weather! I grew up in Salmon, ID and have a sister living in Missoula. One thing about growing up in that area... you KNOW how to drive in the winter! It's a few degrees warmer down here in Reno... it snows, but doesn't get below 0 degrees. Which is great.

yeah I hate to drive through the mountains, its heavy snow and with my eye sight not good. but im stuck here for life, ugh. I would love to live where the temps are never below 50! i just did my coop and pen ( doubled them) and insulated a ton, the cost was outragious but it was so worth it. now i pray I can fill the coop with some girls to lay me more eggs. we are getting 2 or 3 a day now and i gave 2 birds to my mother who wanted some so bad, they were my best egg layers., but my three adult girls do a good job, i just need to get the others laying by winter so I can do lots of winter cooking ( love them quiche )

They all look like Pullets to me and I agree with the others I am on the fence with the little one.

About the weather blow some of that cool air down here to texas its 93 degrees and 87 in my house whew its hot.

They all look like Pullets to me and I agree with the others I am on the fence with the little one.

About the weather blow some of that cool air down here to texas its 93 degrees and 87 in my house whew its hot.
wow thats hot! right now its 40 degree's and windy. says snow warning for late tonight and tomorrow.
Im so glad they may all be pullets, one has a sheen on his neck feathers and the legs are pretty thick and yellow, I was not sure about that one, and the little one, Im thinking roo, but hoping not, he is so cute. and such a mama's boy. he runs after her non stop and she has decided there old enough to be on there own. she is actually back to lying already. the white chick is pretty independant and not chasing after mom as much now. I really hope she is female, ( the white and grey ) I have always wanted a light to white chicken!

as far as the older girls, I believe 2 are ameraucana and rode island red mixes ( 2 have the muffs though one is smaller ( muff ) then the other, one I believe is RIR and maran and I have a full black one with orange around the neck, will be snapping a pic of him soon as I can. thinking maran or maran and rir mix.

Back
Top Bottom