Rooster pulling on clothes

a poke on the shoulder is a better idea, and it's fine if you are fine with it. If my girl is pecking me really hard for attention - I will give her a little tap on the shoulder.
most of the time she just lightly pecks my clothes, and I don't mind.
I’ll try the shoulder poke. I just know with him being a rooster he could get aggressive if I left his pecking unchecked. So I wanted to be sure to curb any pecking he might start up. He hates to be touched to I don’t really have to even poke him. Just getting my hand near him he backs up.

I’ll try the shoulder poke. I just know with him being a rooster he could get aggressive if I left his pecking unchecked. So I wanted to be sure to curb any pecking he might start up. He hates to be touched to I don’t really have to even poke him. Just getting my hand near him he backs up.

yeah just do that

if he starts getting angry about it, just walk away and go inside.

Walking away hasn’t worked out well for my other roosters. That actually makes them more aggressive. But I know every chicken is different. I just hope he doesn’t get to that.

yeah, I just figured pushing him away would make him more aggressive, but I have never had a roo.

would throwing food away from you make him knock it off?

yeah, I just figured pushing him away would make him more aggressive, but I have never had a roo.

would throwing food away from you make him knock it off?
I found that getting into their space, roosters in general, doesn’t make them more aggressive. Since it’s all about dominance with them, my pecking back shows I’m not going to back down. At least that has been my experience so far. I’ve only really had to train one cockerel, my head roo, and I think his temperament helped. My head roo and the hens have helped train the other cockerels as they come into the flock.

Throwing food probably would make him stop. But he wouldn’t end up getting any. All the hens and my other two roos would. For a chicken whose name is Monster he’s a softee. But I’d rather him be a softee than a meanie.

Back
Top Bottom