Rooster Recognition--are my 7 week old Easter Eggers roo's?

Rainy78

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Georgia
Hi!

I posted a few weeks ago some concerns about 2 of my Easter Egger's. I now have a pretty good indication that they are. Any advice on what everyone thinks they are are welcomed. Pics attached below.

The ones that are in question are the black and white and the bird with the brown speckling on it's wings. Thanks!

The black and white ee is a rooster the other one you think might be a rooster, I'd also say is a rooster.

That was what I was worried about. They fight all the time which is not like my other girls. The lighter one with brown speckles on her/his back has a three comb. They are both much larger than the other ones. I'm just curious to your thoughts on why you think they are roo's? I'm VERY new at this :)

Well I took these two to the Farm store I purchased them from. They informed me that if they are roosters, they will take them in and find new homes for them. I guess there is a big demand for them. When I brought them in they said that they were hens! I was really surprised! So they are back home now. Any thoughts?

The above hen is about 4 months old, see how her face isn't that red and the comb is still small and the pattern on her feathers.

Below are of her brother that is the same age, see how his comb is bigger and redder and how he is colored. I haven't seen an ee hen colored in this way, but I have seen a lot of roosters colored this way. If you look in the first picture of the rooster you can see the saddle feathers coming in by his tail. But the sure fire way is you can wait till they crow.

The above hen is about 4 months old, see how her face isn't that red and the comb is still small and the pattern on her feathers.

Below are of her brother that is the same age, see how his comb is bigger and redder and how he is colored. I haven't seen an ee hen colored in this way, but I have seen a lot of roosters colored this way. If you look in the first picture of the rooster you can see the saddle feathers coming in by his tail. But the sure fire way is you can wait till they crow.

OH my gosh--the roo looks just like our Ruby! I showed my husband this pic and he thought it was our bird. I'm so worried because Ruby is my favorite and we aren't allowed to have Roo's in city limits. Sigh...Thank you for sharing. I'll wait a few more weeks and post more pics/updates. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom