Rooster + Son = Blood

If your rooster is low in the pecking order, he will challenge anyone bird or person to try to climb the social ladder.

If pecking your son doesn't work, he will change tactics and start attacking him from the ground to keep from being picked up.

Good luck, I hope your son doesn't get hurt. But, if that rooster lived here, he would be dinner tonight.

I had one of my 3 roos go after my wife. He attacked her on several occasions...he was the lowest roo on the totem pole, and he was tired of it, I guess. He was a silver spangled hamburg, and they have some wicked spurs - he cut the wife's legs up pretty good one day. I just told her to take a stick with her into the run and always wear jeans to reduce the risk of getting cut. That worked for a while, but she got tired of fighting him off all the time. That roo eventually took over the coop but made the mistake of coming after me next. He's in the freezer now. I don't care if he's not really a 'meat' breed, I'm gonna eat him on general principle.
big_smile.png
Good riddens.

Back
Top Bottom