Rooster still sitting too often

Well I could be wrong on the calcium...

I just put it out for the whole flock to use as they want. But then my feed mix is different from what a lot of folks use too. I also have breeds that are a bit weird...

Good point on the possibility of kidney issue. If it’s not an injury or viral... I think looking at his nutrition maybe your best bet.

Too much or not enough of something can cause issues... so what is the nutritional breakdown of his feed he is getting?

Now we know what our doctors do... I have a patient with X symptoms.... it could be A, B, C or D.
I am changing their food to an all flock feed and they get a regular helping of raw veggies and fruit basically what we would be in a salad (no dressing of course lol). I also just added the Rooster Booster Vitamins and Electrolytes with lacto bacillus to their water. I am hoping that the vitamins and feed change will make all the difference.

I’m not very knowledgeable with chickens but one possibility if everything else can be ruled out could be kidney failure. One of my geese has kidney problems and her only symptom is constant resting. She sits around most of the day. She eats and drinks fine, is in good spirits, but she still sits around a lot.

If it’s a kidney problem the only treatment is lowering the protein intake, limiting stress, and giving tart cherry extract and apple cider vinegar to help the body rid itself of toxins. Others with birds with this conditions have gotten a few more good years with their birds so it isn’t necessarily the end, though it is progressive.
This is good to know though heartbreaking to think about. Thank you!

This is good to know though heartbreaking to think about. Thank you!
Yes and I’m sorry to worry you, it was shocking to me as well, but my goose has had this condition for 3 years now, when it’s managed you can still get a lot of time with them and they can still live a quality life so if it turns out to be a kidney problem it doesn’t mean that the end is near necessarily.

Back
Top Bottom