Rooster stopped crowing and sneezed

ml143333

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Hi there!

I have been reading all weekend and just don't know what to do, but I'm leaning toward cleaning out the coop and changing foods.

Bob is our 1 year rooster. I believe he is a barred rock and quite beautiful. We noticed that he stopped crowing this weekend and sounded like he growled at us, but that could be a gurgle. I noticed that he also sneezed when I let him and the girls out of the coop this morning. Other than all of this, he is eating fine, doesn't have any nasal or eye discharge and doesn't have any odor. His poop seems to be the same.

We changed their food about a month back. It is still a layer food, but comes from a local grainery and is more powdery than the pellets they have been getting.

My dilemma - do I clean the coop out really good and change their food back and watch him for another day or so or should I get antibiotics and treat the whole flock?

Cleaning the coop is a wise idea, but as for the food you could just feed it to them with some water. Make sure they eat it all with-in a few hours so it doesn't grow fungus. This will keep it from being powdery.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom