Rooster survived coop collapse, now swollen foot.

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
A friend of mine's chicken coop roof collapsed last night. Luckily everyone is fine, but one of her roosters was trapped in the rubble before she dug him out. Miraculously, he's fine today. Scratching and pecking like a happy boy. :D For the situation, as far as she can tell he's very unscathed. She hasn't been able to give him a good inspection yet, but just from looking at him she noticed hsi foot was swollen. I can get more info for you soon, she'll go out to check on his walking/inspect in a moment. Any ideas as to what I can tell her to look for? I can get more info soon.

If the foot is swollen, check if it is hotter than the other foot, look for any sort of scab or "cap", identify the behavior of walking (is he limping or not putting pressure on it), and any other things you may feel are important.

If the foot is swollen, check if it is hotter than the other foot, look for any sort of scab or "cap", identify the behavior of walking (is he limping or not putting pressure on it), and any other things you may feel are important.
I want to add that this is to check for infection, bumble, or break/fracture/sprain.

Back
Top Bottom