Rooster with joint trouble

Dee the Feather

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2020
Oxfordshire, England
Hello all, my wonderful rooster Dennis, aged 2.5 has joint trouble, possibly as a result of infection, or just arthritis...definitely not bumblefoot, definitely in the joint (right leg) and now inflamed leg as a result. Vet has given him painkiller course and I am giving him glucosamine. I am wondering if anyone has used turmeric for their chicken's joints problems with any success?

Hello all, my wonderful rooster Dennis, aged 2.5 has joint trouble, possibly as a result of infection, or just arthritis...definitely not bumblefoot, definitely in the joint (right leg) and now inflamed leg as a result. Vet has given him painkiller course and I am giving him glucosamine. I am wondering if anyone has used turmeric for their chicken's joints problems with any success?
What are you feeding him?
Can you post pictures of his leg?

Attachments

• 20210629_142638.jpg
    20210629_142638.jpg
    768.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210629_142645.jpg
    20210629_142645.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210629_142649.jpg
    20210629_142649.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210629_142655.jpg
    20210629_142655.jpg
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 10
What joint?
I may be missing something, but I see feet:lol:
You can rub some vaseline into his feet and legs to help with the dryness.
He's got quite a few broken feathers and one of those may be impacted, hard to tell. A spur trimming may also help him walk a little easier.

What joint?
I may be missing something, but I see feet:lol:
You can rub some vaseline into his feet and legs to help with the dryness.
He's got quite a few broken feathers and one of those may be impacted, hard to tell. A spur trimming may also help him walk a little easier.
Hello Wyorp Rock and others, sorry for the delay in responding to you about Dennis and his joint problem - and yes - you are right I only posted his feet! - silly me! Thank you for the helpful advice about vaseline and spur trimming. I also took Den back to the vet who thinks that it may partly be just because he is a heavy bird that he has got arthritis...

Back
Top Bottom