Rooster with missing toenails

Cult-of-Trajan

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 20, 2017
Hey folks - need some advice on the guy in the picture. His left foot is missing 2 toenails & has been for probably 6 weeks or so. He gets around ok for the most part but there is a noticeable limp (sometimes more pronounced, sometimes barely noticeable). I confined him for 3 days (Fri~Sun) but didn’t see much change. What is this? A strange kind of bumblefoot? The pad is fine, but I’m not sure…thanks in advance. ~Jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    863.2 KB · Views: 45
Looks like he just lost his nails. Could have been frost bite, but they kinda look like they just broke/got ripped out. Their toe gets more bulbous when they happens and if they haven't lost any before they might have to get used to the tenderness for a few days

Hey folks - need some advice on the guy in the picture. His left foot is missing 2 toenails & has been for probably 6 weeks or so. He gets around ok for the most part but there is a noticeable limp (sometimes more pronounced, sometimes barely noticeable). I confined him for 3 days (Fri~Sun) but didn’t see much change. What is this? A strange kind of bumblefoot? The pad is fine, but I’m not sure…thanks in advance. ~Jimmy
His whole leg looks swollen, unless I’m seeing things. Could he have an infection?

Back
Top Bottom