Rooster with red eyes

TrixyC

Hatching
Apr 15, 2021
Hi I'm new here and fairly new to raising chickens any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have noticed my roosters eyes are very red and they never used to be this colour, he is 1 year old and he is a naked neck or part, he is eating and drinking fine and doesnt seem to be scratching his eyes but they are both red like they are bloodshot, I have tried looking up online what this could be but havent had much luck. Also he has white spots on either side of his face I dont know if this is normal or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-214529_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-214529_Gallery.jpg
    779.4 KB · Views: 84
Hi I'm new here and fairly new to raising chickens any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have noticed my roosters eyes are very red and they never used to be this colour, he is 1 year old and he is a naked neck or part, he is eating and drinking fine and doesnt seem to be scratching his eyes but they are both red like they are bloodshot, I have tried looking up online what this could be but havent had much luck. Also he has white spots on either side of his face I dont know if this is normal or not.
Means they are not feeling well.. Seriously. Jokingly, like after a night on the town. Sometimes works itself out.. The spots, don't know.. Could be chicken pox.. Just kidding, had em'. Have no clue nor seen it. Me thinks we doth protest too much.. Worry is a chain of thoughts and images.. Anxt. Doubt I helped..

If you're speaking about his irises, they're fine. Gorgeous rooster eyes. The white patches might be a fungal infection; try to use a damp sponge to wipe it off. If it doesn't work, take a suppository for feminine years infections and apply it to the patches twice a day for 10-14 days. You should see an improvement in 4-5 days if it's a fungus. My rooster developed a patch like that on his comb and it worked. He hates me and he hates being handled so I had to catch him on the roost before dawn. Every day. For a week and a half.

ETA those patches might be his earlobes. I'm not familiar with naked necks.

just consider the color to be a very dark orange. I've seen it enough to assume it is a natural eye color. He looks fine.

Thank you all for your replies, I will see if the white rubs off and if not try what you suggested, he is very friendly and sociable since he was tiny so shouldn't be too much trouble, when I sit down by him he will jump up and sit on my lap hes so sweet :) thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom