Rooster with weird toes! What do I do!?

baGAWK123

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012
Hi there! I am new to raising chickens, and this is my first "batch." Over the summer I went and bought 9, 6 day old chicks at my county fair, they are 23 weeks now. This particular rooster has always been very timid and shy, and I always wondered why. But when he was around a month old I noticed that his toes were not like the other chickens. They are crooked, and bend in different directions. But I never noticed his toes being crooked when he was a baby chick. Its just like all of a sudden his toes went crazyyy! I don't know how it happened, at first I thought it was "spraddle leg" but then I looked it up, and It is not the same as the crooked toes that my rooster has. He appears to be getting along fine, but every morning he falls off the roost because of his crooked toes. He has managed to live with his weird toes, but do you think he is in pain? I under stand that maybe in the future I will have to put him down. So, my question is, is there anything I can do to fix his toes or is it to late? Thank you In advance.

P.S. I Will post a picture, as soon as I get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom