Rooster won’t let one hen into coop at night.

I was mainly talking about the fighting with everyone and mating with everyone. How many hens do you have with how many roosters? A stressed hen will not give you eggs and getting chased, bit, fought with, and constantly mated will definitely stress them out.
Now I have 5 hens and no roosters. But when falcon was alive he was with 7 other hens and one rooster. However this rooster wasnt a problem because this rooster basically did nothing for the flock. He didnt take care of the hens, but he also didn’t mate them. Him and falcon never fought and they were actually good friends. The other rooster actually did the mating dance only around Falcon for some reason.

Now I have 5 hens and no roosters. But when falcon was alive he was with 7 other hens and one rooster. However this rooster wasnt a problem because this rooster basically did nothing for the flock. He didnt take care of the hens, but he also didn’t mate them. Him and falcon never fought and they were actually good friends. The other rooster actually did the mating dance only around Falcon for some reason.
Oh gosh, I'm so confused. I though you were the OP 🤦‍♀️

Anyone who has had poultry for any length of time will attest to this fact..during mating season, it is absolutely imparative to separate, lock up or otherwise contain any Roo (or drake) you dont want mating..
My otherwise docile males become terrorist, rapist and delinquent for a month and a half. Its just safer to contain them for that period of time. For thier sake and mine..Im.always glad when its over..But it also allows for observing traits that i might want to cull from my flock..

Anyone who has had poultry for any length of time will attest to this fact..during mating season, it is absolutely imparative to separate, lock up or otherwise contain any Roo (or drake) you dont want mating..
My otherwise docile males become terrorist, rapist and delinquent for a month and a half. Its just safer to contain them for that period of time. For thier sake and mine..Im.always glad when its over..But it also allows for observing traits that i might want to cull from my flock..
I wasn't aware there is a mating season, persay. What month and a half do you lock them up for?

Back
Top Bottom