ROOSTER!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MonkeyZero, Mar 2, 2008.

1. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Hi

This morning when I went to feed the hens. A huge roo was there! Why? How?! I dont wanna touch it, Ive had bad encounters with them! Why is it there?

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    he may have a crush on your girls?

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    He had to have come from somewhere. Do you have neighbors with chickens? If not, maybe someone dropped him off.

I would think he is there because you have hens and he is a rooster. He wants his own girls.

I'm not sure what to tell you other than if you have someone else around who can catch him for you and separate him from your girls. (I know they have already been exposed to anything he may have but, it doesn't hurt in case it hasn't been passed.) Then maybe place some calls around and see if you can find out where he is suppose to be.
    Good luck!

4. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I had a roo show up one day. He moved in with us. He was really sweet. Wish I'd taken a pic of him.

He may have been dumped like mine was. Like my grandma said when mine showed up, you may not be crazy about him, but your hens will love him. My hens loved him and mourned when he got eaten (by a gator) - they all laid around that day with their heads down - in the garage where they sleep and lay - and ignored their food. Next day they were back to normal - kind of.

I wish I would have known that the eggs were fertile for a time or I'd have tried to get a bator and hatch some of his and my hens eggs.

He probably thinks he found the girls from Baywatch or the Swedish Bikini Team. [​IMG]

5. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    He's gone now. He mated with one of the girls and flew away. No one knows I have hens, besides, my friends and family. They have no chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by